Did you know that nerve impulses sent from the brain move at a speed of 274 km/h!!!!!
Our guest today, Morten Bunkholt is Norwegian Chiropractor who is inspired by the capabilities of wellness and superhuman potential. He helps us understand the natural healing philosophy of our bodies.
And our bodies are self-regulating systems and if we remove interference, it is capable of returning to peak condition - AKA homeostasis. Now there is a lot of everyday interference so it's important to have awareness around what that might be to maximise supporting the bodies natural wellbeing.
When it comes to chiropractic Morten is meticulous in attention to detail. He stands by the philosophy of sticking to a system that works and we dive into why talent isn't 10000% required for a result - you don't have the be the "best" when you have trusted and results-based method.
We dive into:
- How the brain and nervous system are connected and what role chiropractic can have in removing interference.
- The importance of knowing when not to adjust.
- What can cause interference in the spine and how to treat it.
- The three T's: trauma, toxins and thoughts.
- How the brain and nervous system interacts with our organs and the role an adjustment can assist with our bodies normal regulation and health.
- Understanding that pain is the very last resort from our body trying to communicate interference with homeostasis.
- Some chiropractic plans can overstimulate the nervous systems and how to become aware of that.
- Getting in touch with your body for the sake of prevention rather than reaction.
- The basic chiropractic philosophy and its alignment with life.
- Mortens desired superpower!!!!
I'm inspired by such an aligned practitioner. I am all for intuition, feeling, sensory, trust and flow. But when it comes to our bodies, the power in reconnecting and placing ourselves in the best situation to heal again can be maximised by using systems that work. In the case of our systems, systems matter.
I would love to hear from you - if any, what was the one thing you learnt about yourself and or wellbeing that you didnt know before - let us know below!
You can find Morten on all his social platforms below!
P.S We LOVE to hear your comments and thoughts. You can leave a review and rating and even subscribe if you would like to be notified of new episodes at iTunes just here!