What would you do if you lost both of your legs?
When Vanessa lost both of her legs in a tragic train accident at the age of 15, she got told she would never be able to walk again.
She went on to become a paralympic gold medallist and world record holder in the long jump.
- grieving the entire life she envisioned she'd have
- standing up against those 'wiser' and who 'knew more', and winning
- the difference between determination and self-punishment
- moving beyond perceived present limitations and carving a new path
- how physical excellent will be limited by your level of mental strength
- understanding deeply that the power of choice is in your hands alone
- what life looks like now; love, purpose, passion, goals and training
- the single most potent advice she has to offer from this wild and wonderful journey
If you have a moment we'd love to know if you can relate to anything we shared. Comment below if so.
The Amber Hawken Podcast is available to subscribe to on your chosen platform - iTunes, Spotify, Libsyn - if it feels good for you, we always love a review of the show. Grateful in advance and thanks for listening.